|Designation||Associate Professor, HoD|
|Contact No.||9947308347, 0483 - 2700869, 2700325|
|Educational qualification||MPEd, M.Phil, TTCYEd|
|Date of Entry in service||02-03-1987|
|Website/Blog (if any)|
|Teaching area||FOOTBALL, FITNESS AND YOGA, HEALTH AND WELNESS|
Research Projects, funding etc.
|MPhil on “ ATTITUDE OF CALICUT UNIVERSITY COLLEGE TEACHERS TOWARDS PHYSICAL EDUCATION” UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF AM MURTHY
Pursuing PhD research on ": HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS STATUS OF THE AGED MEN IN THE MALABAR REGION OF THE KERALA STATE” Under the guidance of Dr. A.M Antony
Books/Chapter in books
|Seminar attended||1.Attended National Workshop On Management of Physical Education and sports in Universities and colleges held at Cochin from 15-09-1992 to 18-09-1992
2.Attended National Seminar on “Challenges in the development of Physical Education and Performance sports “ held at Sri Kerala Varma College Trichur on 17,18 April 1993.
3. Attended one day workshop on Kalaripayattu held at Calicut University on 18-08-1999
4.Attended National Seminar and Zonal course conducted by All India Football Federation held at Bangalore from 02-08-2001 to 05-08-2001
5. Attended one day workshop on Physical Education and sports held at Calicut University on 17-08-2001
6. Attended National Seminar on Trends and challenges in Physical Education and sports and presented a paper titled “ Physical Education-an entry in the curriculum” held at Kannur on 20,21 February 2003 organized by Dept.Of.Phy.Edn Kannur University
7. Attended Referees Seminar and Fitness test fir FIFA and National Football Referees held at Bangalore from 01-03 September 2004 organized by AIFF.
8.Attended a workshop on physical edn Curriculum on 11-03-2004 at University of Calicut organized by dept.of.phy.edn and ACTPE
9.Attended National Seminar on Exercise Physiology – Second wind,Oxygendept,Cardiac Hypertrophy and Hypo kinetic diseases organized by dept.of.phy.ednSt.Joseph’s College Irinjalakkuda on 06 and 07 July 2006.
10.Attended a workshop on “administration of Physical education of colleges” jointly organized by dept.of.phy.edn university of calicut and ACTPE on 08-10-2007
11.Attended one day workshop for college teachers on “Effective teaching” organized by IQAC ,Amal College of Advanced Studies,Nilambur on 24-08-2007
12.Attended and presented a paper in the UGC National Seminar ON “The effect of Physical activities on College students “ organized by the dep.of.phy.edn ,Providance Women’s college Calicut on 14-06-2005
13. Attended UGC National Seminar on “The role of Physical Education in health and wellness” and presented a paper titled “ Diabetes – a silent killer “ organized by dept.of.phy.edn ,St.Pious X College, Rajapuram,Kasergod on 20 and 21 July 2006.
14.Attended UGC National Seminar on Hypo kinetic diseases ,health and modern society on 28 and 29 August 2008 and presented a paper titled “Osteoporosis – Causes and the management “ organized by dept.of.phy.edn KS Training College Taliparamba Kannur.
15. Attended UGC National Seminar cum workshop on “Health fitness well being and Physical Education” and presented a paper titled “ Health and wellness for better living “ organized btdept.of.phy.edn University of calicut on 11 and 12 march 2009
16.Attended workshop on Open course in Physical Education jointly organized by dept.of. phy.edn University of Calicut and ACTPE on 26 and 27 November 2010
17Attended UGC aided International Seminar in Physical Education and presented a paper on” Recent trends in physical education- A global perspective”.held at alagappa University karakkudi, Tamil Nadu
18.Attended UGC National Seminar on “Ayurveda and Yoga on Sports traing and performance “ Organized by dept.of.phy.edn EMEA College Kondotty on 08 and 09 march 2011
19.Attended UGC National Seminar on “Meditation and naturopathy : Natural precautions for health “ and presented a paper organized by Bishop Kuralancherry College for Women , Kottayam on 5 and 6 July 2011
20.Attended University level workshop cum seminar on Open course in Physical Education jointly organized by dept.of.phy.edn University of Calicut and ACTPE on 28-06-2011
21.Attended the International FIFA referees instructors course held at New Delhi from 01 to 06 march 2012 organized by AIFF
22.Attended UGC National Seminar on “Physical activity and new age diseases-current perspective “ and presented a paper titled “Health and Physical fitness status of aged men in Malabar region in the state of kerala “ on 12 and 13 march 2013.
23. Attended and presented a paper in the National Conference On Contributions of Physical Education to Public Health fitness and sports promotions jointly organized by Physical Education Foundation of India and Sri JJT University held at New Delhi on 29-08-2013
24.Attended and presented a paper titled “ Health,wellness,life style diseases and Management “ in the national Seminar on “Modern Lifestyle and Health problems” organized by dept.of.phy.edn MAMO College Mukkam on 29,30 january 2014.
25.Attened UGC National Seminar on Physical Activity and dietary habits for healthy living and presented a paper titled “ Physical Activity – best prevention for life style diseases “ Organized by dept.of.phy.ednSt.Josephs College Irinjalakkuda on 12,13 march 2015
26. Attended and presented a paper titled “survey of diabetic patients in malappuram district region and Remedial therapy through yoga” in International conference on ‘Yoga and physical activity for better Life” organized by Department of Physical Education All Saint’s College, Trivandrum on 19th,20th November 2015.
|Seminars/workshops /field oriented programs organized||Organized UGC sponsored seminar in football in collaboration with Kerala Football Association and Nehru Yuva Kendra Malappuram on “Contribution of various clubs, Institutions, organizations and associations to the development of football in the state of Kerala” during 2010-2011.|
|Academic positions||(1) FIFA Referees’ fitness instructor 2005 onwards
(2) Laison officer Federation Cup National Football Championship 2013-2014
(2) EC member Kerala Tennis Association 2007 onwards
(3) Secretary Malappuram District Tennis Association 2007 onwards