|Name||Dr. P.P. Abdul Razack|
|Designation||Head & Associate Professor|
|Contact No.||9447881853, 0495-2440675|
|Date of Entry in service||22-01-1985|
|Website/Blog (if any)|
|Teaching area||Modern History and Social Theory|
|Awards/Recognitions||1. Savithri-Sabu Memorial Gold Medal for First Rank in MA History of University of Calicut in 1984
2. Sectional President, Kerala History Congress held at Calicut, February 2012
3. Sectional President, South Indian History Congress held at Kakatiya University, Warangal on 21st February 2015.
4. Appointed as subject expert for preparing the School Text Book for Social Science for standard V and VII of Govt. of Kerala
5. Appointed as subject expert for the preparation of Plus Two History Text Book of Govt. of Kerala
6. Sectional President, Kerala History Congress held at Thiruvananthapuram January 2016.
Research Projects, funding etc.
|Colonialism and Community Formation in Malabar
Modern History of Kerala The Phase of Syncretic Islam in Malabar (MRP of UGC)
Books/Chapter in books
|1. “The Prose Of Counter Insurgency And The Representation Of Mappilas” In KN Ganesh Ed., Culture And Modernity, University Of Calicut, 2007.
2. “From Communitas To The Structure Of Islam: The Mappilas Of Malabar” Indian History Congress Proceedings, Delhi, 2007.
3. “Census Modality And Making Of Muslim Community Of Malabar” In Advances In Arts And Ideas, Vol-4, No.1 & 2, 2008.
4. “History in Verse: A Study on 16th Arabic Text”, Proceedings Of South Indian History Congress, 2012.
5. “Adinivesha Vyavaharangalum Mappila Pradinidanavum” in Hashkerali EC ed., Mappila Vasantham: Charithravum Varthamanavum, 2012.
6. “Malabarkalapavum Madhyamagalum” in ________ed., Malabar Kalapam ahvanavum Takeethum, Calicut, 2013.
7. “Vernacular Histories and History of Remembering: A Study of historical narratives of Muslims of Malabar” in Proceedings of Indian History Congress, 2013.
8. “Fathhul Mubeenum Kozhikodinte Samskarika Paithrkavum” in PB Salim et.al eds., Malabar Paithrkavum Charithravum, Mathrubhumi, Calicut, 2013.
9. Wrote a regular weekly column “View Point” in Indian Express daily for a brief period.
|Seminar attended||Seminar attended as Resource Person
: 1. “Mappila Kalakalude Saskarikabhoomika”, Folk Fest organized by Youth Welfare Board, Govt. of Kerala held at Perintalmanna on 26th May 2010.
2. “Nation and Narration of the Past”, CKG Govt. College, Perambra, 19th October 2010.
3. “The Historical Roots of Malayali Identity” at Farook Bed College, Kottakkal on 1st November, 2010.
4. “Changing Modes of History” at Faculty Development Programme, organized by Directorate of Higher Secondary Education at Tirur on 22nd November 2010.
5. “The Secular Dimension of Pazhassi Revolt” organized by MP Paul Study Centre at Malabar Christian College, Calicut on 30th November 2010.
6. “History as a mode of organizing community Memory” at South Indian Congress at Kadappa, Andhrapradesh on 30th January 2011.
7. “Colonial Education Policy and the reification of Community Identity among the Muslims of Malabar at Indian History Congress session Gaurbanga University, Malda on 12th February 2011.
8. “Oral Sources: Problems and Perspective at ational Workshop on Local History Archives, organized by the department of History, University of Calicut on 21st February 2011.
9. “From Caste to Community: Shifting Identty among Mappilas” at UGC National Seminar Sir Syed College, Taliparamba on 15th March 2011.
10. “Relevence of Social Science Curriculum in India with reference to School” at Jamia Nadvia Training College, Edavanna on 19th March 2011.
11. “Umar Qazi: The Rebel Who Opposed Cultural Intervention” at Veliyancode on 24th May 2011.
12. “Community Formation in Malabar” at Academic Staff College, University of Calicut on 14th June 2011.
13. “Rebellion and the Print Media” at Islamic Chair, University of Calicut on 06th July 2011.
14. “Local History: Problems and Perspectives at SMM High School Tanur on 22nd July 2011
15. “Contemporary Print Discourse on Malabar Rebellion at Maharaja’s College Ernakulam on 28th July 2011.
16. “Tradition of Anti-colonial Resistance in Malabar” UGC seminar at NSS College, Manjery on16th September 2011.
17. “Community as an Analytical category” at Maharaja’s College Ernakulam on 16th September 2011.
18. “Print, Discourse and Malabar Rebellion” at Sreesankara University Kalady on 23rd September 2011.
19. “Arab Accounts on Calicut” at Malabar Christian College, Kozhikode on 03rd October 2011.
20. “History in verse: Literary Representation of Malabar Rebellion” at KKTM College, Kodungallur on 21st December 2011.
21. “Muslims and Pluralism in Malabar” Neeleshwar Mahotsav at Neeleshwaram on 28th December 2011.
22. “The Phase of Popular Religion in Kerala” at UGC National Seminar Women’s College, Kannur on 30th January 2012.
23. “Sources and Techniques of Writing Llocal History at Govt. College Mokeri. 25th January 2012.
24. “Recent Trends in Historiography” at St. Mary’s College, Angadippuram on 02nd February 2012.
25. “Cheese and Worms –From Micro to Macro History and Back at UGC CPE Workshop at Farook College on 08th February 2012.
26. “ Print Discourse on Malabar Rebellion” at UGC National Seminar EMEA College, Kondotty on 14th February 2012.
27. “Construction of Community in Colonial Ernad” Sree Sankara University Regional Centre, Payyannur on 15th February 2012.
28. “Print Discourse on Malabar Rebellion” at MES College, Mampad on 24th February 2012.
29. “Marginality and Representation” at School of Historical Studies, University of Kannur on 28th March 2012.
|Seminars/workshops /field oriented programs organized|