|Name||Dr. Shibinu. S|
|Designation||Assistant Professor, HoD|
|Contact No.||9495678449, 0476-2640020|
|Date of Entry in service||17/03/2008|
|Website/Blog (if any)||economicspsmo.blogspot.in|
|Teaching area||Indian Economy and Development Economics|
|Awards/Recognitions||1. Prof AP Cherian Prize for II Rank in MA Economics Given by Fatima Mata National College, Kollam, March 2006
2. Prof Clement D’Cruz Memorial Prize 2002-03 for the University Topper in BA Economics, Kerala University by FMN College, Kollam on 17/02/2004
3. PTA FMN College Award,7/3/2006
Research Projects, funding etc.
|Minor Research Project on Job Localisation in the Gulf and its Impact on Labour Market of Kerala.
Funding Agency: UGC, New Delhi.
Doing Ph.D in the area International Migration from Kerala to the Middle East countries
Books/Chapter in books
|1. Impact of Recession on Migration & Remittances of Kerala Economy, International Journal of Advanced Research, Volume 2, Number 2, October 2012 (ISSN 2278-7275)
2. International Migration from Kerala: Recent Trends and Challenges, Research Scholar, Volume II No. IV, December 2012 (ISSN 2249-6696)
3. Impact of Global Economic Recession on Migration-The Kerala Experience, Southern Economist, Volume 52, Number 10, September 2013 (ISSN 0038-4046)
4. India’s Present Crisis: Steps towards a Sound Economy, Southern Economist, Vol 52 Number 12, October, 2013 (ISSN 0038-4046)
5. Nitaqat and the Expat Kerala Emigrants, Sothern Economist, Volume 52, Number 16, December, 2013 (ISSN 0038-4046)
6. India and the Food Security Act, Southern Economist, Volume 52, Number 20, February, 2014 (ISSN 0038-4046)
7. Employment Trends in India during the Period of Globalisation, International Journal of Advanced Research, Volume IV, Number 1, February 2014 (ISSN 2278-7275)
8. Role of FDI in the Transformation of Indian Retail Sector, Social Science in Perspective, C. Achutha Menon Foundation, Vol. 6, No.2, April-June 2014 (ISSN 0975-5497)
9. Development Potential of Return Emigrants of Kerala: An Overview, Social Science in Perspective, C. Achutha Menon Foundation, Vol. 7, No1, January-March 2015 (ISSN 0975-5497)
10. International Migration from Kerala: Recent Trends and Challenges, Proceedings of the UGC-National Seminar on Impact of Global Economic Recession on Kerala Economy, 22nd and 24th December, 2011.
11. Higher Education and Women Participation in India, Proceedings of the UGC-National Seminar on Educational Preferences and Uncertainty, 7th and 8th January, 2016.
12. Economic Impact of Migration from India- An Overview, Chapter in Book “Economic Development in India”, Black swan Publishers, New Delhi, 2015.
|Seminar attended||Paper Presented
1. Restrictions in the Markets of Gulf Countries and its Impacts on the Economy of Kerala, UNO-International Seminar on Migration on Care Economy and Development, September 17,18& 19, 2014, Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum, Kerala.
2. An Overview of the Food security Act of India, UGC national Seminar on Inclusive Growth-The Role of Agriculture, 6th and 7th March, 2014 by SN College for Women, Kollam
3. FDI and Indian Retail Sector: An Overview, UGC-National Seminar on Role and Impact of FDI on Unorganised Sector in India-Policy Alternatives on 19th and 20th 2014 by Department of Economics, NSS College, Cherthala.
4. Decentralised Planning in Kerala, UGC-National Seminar on Participatory Planning: The Kerala Experience on 12th and 13th March, 2012 by Department of Economics, Govt. College, Malappuram.
5. Impact of Migration on Kerala: An Overview, UGC-National Seminar on Migration: Economic Change and Social Change on 4th to 6th, 2013 by Department of Economics, HHMSPB NSS College, Neeramankara, Trivandrum
6. International Migration from Kerala: Recent Trends and Challenges, UGC-National Seminar on Impact of Global Economic Recession on Kerala Economy, 22nd and 23rd December, 2011 by Department of Economics, PSMO College, Tirurangadi.
7. Pros and corns of FDI in the Retail Sector of India, UGC-National Seminar on FDI in the Neo-Liberalised Regime-Issues and Challenges on 28th and 29th October, 2014, by Dept of Economics, Govt. Victoria College, Palakkad.
8. Challenges of Higher Education of Kerala State, DCE-National Seminar on New Trends in Higher Education on 27th and 28th March, 2014 by University College, Thiruvananthapuram
9. Higher Education and Women Participation in India, UGC-National Seminar on Educational Preferences and Uncertainty, 7th and 8th January, 2016.
10. An Analysis of Indian Agriculture during the Post-Reform Period, Lecture delivered during CH Ibrahim Haji Memorial Inter-Collegiate Paper Presentation Competition by PSMO College, Tirurangadi on 5th February, 2015
11. Indian Agriculture in the Context of Common Minimum Programme of UPA Government, All Kerala Intercollegiate Paper Presentation Competition on Economic Future of Rural India in the Context of Common Minimum Programme of the Union Government on 10th November, 2004 by Department of Economics. FMN College, Kollam.
1. National Workshop on Social Science research Methodology: Quantitative Methods and Open Source Software, 27 to 29 June, 2013 by IIST, ISRO, Valiyamala, Trivandrum.
2. National Seminar on Higher Education 2.0-Illumine the Future on 4th and 5th June, 2012 by KSHEC, Trivandrum
3. UGC-Refresher Course in Environmental Sciences from January 16 to February 5, 2014 by UGC-ASC, University of Kerala
4. UGC-Orientation Course in ITfrom 27-7-2012 to 23-8-2012 by UGC-ASC, University of Kerala
5. One day workshop on Research Methodology in Commerce and Economics on 20th January 2011 by Dept of Commerce, PSMO College, Tirurangadi
6. Three Day College Level Training Programme in General Informatics on 15-17 September, 2011 by KSHEC, Trivandrum.
7. UGC-National Three Day Leadership and Personality Development Camp on 10-12 February 2012 by PSMO College, Tirurangadi.
8. National seminar on Kerala’s development in Retrospect and Prospect on 8th to 10, May, 2015 by Kerala Economic association and Dept of Economics, SH College, Thevara, Kochi
9. National Seminar on Development, Decentralisation and Democracy on 12 October,2015 by Kerala Economic association and Institute for Sustainable Development and Governance (ISDG) at Mascot Hotel Trivandrum.
10. UGC-National Workshop on Social and Economic Challenges of Tribal Economy in Kerala on 27-28 October, 2015 by NSS College, Neeramankara, Trivandrum.
11. UGC-National seminar on Financial sector Convergence Model on 9-10 December, 2015 by Dept of Commerce, PSMO College, Tirurangadi.
12. UGC Sponsored University Level Orientation Programme for Young Teachers on 12th and 13th February, 2011 by The Council of Principals’ of Colleges in Kerala and PSMO College, Tirurangadi
13. UGC-national seminar on Eco-Tourism and Local Population in Kerala on 27 and 28 November, 2007 by SN College, Kollam
14. Seminar on Union Budget 2007-08 on March 2, 2007 by FMN College, Kollam
15. National Seminar on Globalisation and Agriculture on 2nd January 2004 by FMN College, Kollam
|Seminars/workshops /field oriented programs organized||National Seminar organised on “Impact of Global Economic Crisis on Kerala” on 22 & 23,2011. Funding Agency UGC, New Delhi.
2. UGC-national Seminar on Educational Preferences and Uncertainties on 7-8 January, 2016 in PSMO College, Tirurangadi
3. UGC- Three day Leadership and Personality Development Camp on 10-12 February, 2012 by PSMO College, Tirurangadi (as NSS Programme Officer)
|Academic positions||a. Member, UG Board of Studies of Economics, University of Calicut. b. Member, NSS Advisory Board, University of Calicut. c. Editor, National Journal of Advanced Economic Research, Bi-Yearly journal of Economics, PSMO College, Tirurangadi d. Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Advanced Research
d. Editor, National Journal of advanced Economic research (NJAER), ISSN journal of the Department
e. Editor-in-Chief, Artha, the Department student journal
f. Conroller of Internal Examinations, PSMO College, Tirurangadi
g. Member, College Council from 2009 onwards
h. Academic Councilor, Economics, IGNOU Study Centre, PSMO College
i. Chairman, UG Board of Examinations, Calicut University
j. External Examine and Member, UG Viva Board of Economics, Calicut University
|Non-academic positions||a. Staff Editor, College Magazine 2011-12
b. Member, College Discipline Committee, 2010-11
c. Scholarship Officer, PSMOC-2010-14
d. Coordinator, PSMO Civil Service Academy,2010
e. PTA Executive Member, 2011-12
f. NCC Care-Taker Officer, 2009-10
g. NSS Programme Officer, 2010-2014