Dr K Azeez is working as the Principal of the College since 2017. He worked as the Head of the Dept of Botany in the Unity College, Manjeri. He wrote books and research papers that are being published in reputed journals. He visited Gulf countries for Academic training.
Dr K Azeez
- Professional memberships:
- Member Board of Studies (PG) in Environmental Science and Water Management, University of Calicut
- Member Board of Studies (UG) in Botany, Calicut University
- Worked as the Chief Editor of Wizmag – Science Plus – A quarterly Educational Magazine for Plus one and Plus Two Science Students
- Academic positions:
- Head, Dept. of Botany, Unity College, Manjeri, Kerala, during 21-01-1996 to 31-03-2017
- Non Academic positions:
- Date of Entry in Service: 21-01-1996
- Countries visited:
- Research (Area/Expertise, Research Projects, funding etc.): Twelve years of research experience. Completed one minor research project funded by UGC. Presently a research guide at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, guiding 5 students at Doctoral level and one PhD awarded during 2019.
- Publications(Journal, Proceedings, Books/Chapter in books, Articles, Any other):
- Essentials of Biotechnology – Popular lectures by Experts Edt. (2007) Published by The Department of Botany, Unity Women’s College, Manjeri.
- Spleenworts (Asplenium L. – Pteridophyta) of South India (2008) Published by Malabar Natural History Society (MNHS).
- Primitive Ferns of South India (2008) Published by Rainbow Book Publishers, Chengannur.
- Spleenworts (Asplenium – Pteridophyta) of Kerala (1996), Journal of Economic Taxonomic Botany
- Ecological impact of changing cultivation on the Biodiversity of Wayanad, Kerala, India (2011) Millenium Zoology-
- Effect of cold stress on physiological and biochemical activity of squash plant (Cucurbita maxima L.) 0f the family Cucurbitaceae (2012) Millenium Zoology Vol.13 (1) 50 – 58. (Abdussalam A.K., K. Madhusudhanan, K. Azeez, and M.A. Mohammed – Aslam)
- Underutilised Fruit Trees in Homegardens of Kerala: An untapped Source of Food Security in India (2015) Journal of Tree Sciences Vol. 34 (1) 23-29
- Nutritional evaluation of selected underutilized edible fruit species of Syzygium R.Br. ex Gaertn. from Kerala, India (2017) International Journal of Botany Studies Vol-2 (6) 29-32 (ISSN: 2455-541X, Impact Factor RJIF:5.12)
- Evaluation of essential and toxic metals in selected underutilized fruits of Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve, Kerala (2018) International Journal of Agriculture, Environment and Biotechnology (Accepted) (ISSN 0974-1712, NAAS Rating-4.69)
- Underutilised fruits of Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve: a potential source of natural antioxidants. (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s42535-021-00200-6 (ISSN-2229-4473, Impact Factor 0.40 Scopus, Publisher- Springer)
- Seminars/workshops /field oriented programs organized:
- Co-ordinator for Five day Workshop for preparing CCSS (Choice Credit Semester System) Syllabus for B. Sc Botany implemented in Calicut University w.e.f 2009 academic year onwards
- Participated in 27 academic conferences as a resource person and 12 conferences as a participant.