Kabeerali has joined the Department in 2016. He is pursuing his Ph.D. from Farook College. He is actively involved in Nature related extension programmes of the College. His areas of interest include Indian English Fiction, Literature and Ecology, Eco Spirituality, Conservation Studies, Environmental Studies, Bird watching, Animal Census and Wildlife Photography.
Area of Interest
- Indian English Fiction
- Eco-spirituality studies
- Literature and Ecology
- Professional memberships:
- Academic positions:
- Non-Academic positions: Staff Coordinator of Bhoomithrasena Club and Tourism Club, NSS Programme Officer (2017-18)
- Date of Entry in Service: 09-05-2016
- Countries visited:
- Research (Area/Expertise, Research Projects, funding etc.): Doing PhD on the topic “Hybridity of Indianness: Unmaking the Singularity of India as a Nation in Select Indian English Narratives”
- Publications(Journal, Proceedings, Books/Chapter in books, Articles, Any other):
1. Re-drafting the History of India in Shashi Tharoor’s The Great Indian Novel, Sambodhi (UGC Care Approved, Peer-Reviewed and Referred Journal), 2021, ISSN: 2249-6661.
2. Unlocking the Imagined Island Prisons: A Study on the Representation of Islands in Select Films, IJAR (International Journal of Advanced Research), 2020, ISSN 2278-7275
3. Submissive Soul: Representation of Gandhari and the Image of Indian Wife in Shashi Tharoor’s The Great Indian Novel, Recent Educational and Psychological Researches (National Refereed Journal), ISSN 2278-5949
- Seminars/workshops /field oriented programs organized: