Dr. Prajitha Kumari, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry holds a PhD in Chemistry from NIT Calicut. Her area of research is Polymer Chemistry and she has also associated with Lunghwa University of Science and Technology, Taiwan, where she has worked in the area of Catalysis. There are 13 publications to her credit in international peer reviewed journals. A book chapter has been authored by her in the Encyclopedia of Semiconductor Nanotechnology. She is also a registered research guide under the University of Calicut.
- Awards/Recognitions: PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY
- Professional memberships:
- Academic positions: MEMBER PG BOARD OF STUDIES, UNIVERSITY OF CALICUT
- Non Academic positions: DQAC COORDINATOR-DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY, , ADVISORY SYSTEM COORDINATOR, MEMBER DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE, PURCHASE COMMITTEE CONVENOR, FINE ARTS SAMITHI MEMBER, MEMBER OF CAMPUS PLACEMENT CELL, CONVENOR- RESEARCH ADVISORY COMMITTEE, MEMBER OF EXAMINATION SQUAD
- Date of Entry in Service: 21 – 10 – 2010
- Countries visited: TAIWAN AND UAE
- Research (Area/Expertise,Research Projects, funding etc.): Polymer chemistry and Catalysis.
- Publications(Journal, Proceedings, Books/Chapter in books,Articles, Any other):
“List of Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
1. Mechanical and Sorption Properties of Poly (ethylene-co-vinyl acetate)(EVA) Compatibilized Acrylonitrile Butadiene Rubber / Natural Rubber Blend Systems, Journal of Polymer Research, (2008) 15:97–106.
2. Influence of Carbon Black on the Fuel Transport and Mechanical Characteristics of Natural Rubber /Acrylonitrile Butadiene Rubber Blends, Progress in Rubber, Plastics and Recycling Technology, (2009) 25:1-27.
3. Natural Rubber/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Rubber Blend Membranes: Vapor Permeation Properties. Chemical Engineering and Technology, (2010) 33(1):97-102.
4. Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Styrene Butadiene Rubber and Poly (ethylene-co-vinyl acetate) Blends, Journal of Polymer Research, (2008) 15:161–171.
5. Aliphatic Liquid Transport Through Heterogeneous EPDM/EVA Blends, Journal of Elastomers and Plastics, (2009) 41:65-85.
6. Aromatic liquid transport through Filled EPDM/NBR Blends, Journal of Polymer Research, (2009)17:1-9.
7. Influence of Static and Dynamic Crosslinking Techniques on the Transport Properties of Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer Rubber / Poly (ethylene-co-vinyl acetate) blends, Journal of Polymer Research, (2010) 17:161–169.
8. Photocatalytic efficiency of nanocrystalline zeolite TS-1for the degradation of methyl orange, Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis Letters (2009) 98(2):267–272.
9. Selective Decomposition of Cumene Hydroperoxide into Acetone over Nanocrystalline ZSM-5, International Journal of Materials Engineering Innovation, (2010)1(3/4):417-425.
10. Transport of Aromatic Hydrocarbons through EPDM/NBR Blends, Journal of Elastomers and Plastics, (2011) 43: 65-84.
11. Cure characteristics, transport behaviors and mechanical properties of black filler reinforced EPDM/NBR blend system, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, (2011) 120: 2654–2662.
12. Thermal properties of compatibilized and filled natural rubber/acrylonitrile butadiene rubber blends, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, (2013) 114:67.
13. Cerium Incorporated Nanocrystalline ZSM-5: An Efficient Catalyst for Friedel Crafts Acylation of Toluene, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, (2020) 20:1-10. ISSN NO.1533- 4880 [IF: 1.3]
1. Recent Trends on Semiconductor Heterogeneous Nano Photocatalysis (Review Chapter), Encyclopedia of Semiconductor Nanotechnology.
- Seminars/workshops /field oriented programs organized: