Dr. Sajna V P has been teaching in the department of chemistry as an assistant professor since 2007. She is a research guide in this department under the University of Calicut. She holds a PhD in Plastic Technology from Anna University. She has published 7 articles in international peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD in Plastic Technology
- MSc in Polymer Chemistry
Area of Interest
- Organic Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Awards/Recognitions: Research Guide
- Area of interest in your discipline: Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry
- Professional memberships:
- Academic positions:
- Non-Academic positions:
- Date of Entry in Service: 23-08-2017
- Countries visited:
- Research (Area/Expertise, Research Projects, funding etc.): Biocomposites, nanomaterials
- Publications(Journal, Proceedings, Books/Chapter in books, Articles, Any other):
- Hybrid green nanocomposites of poly (lactic acid) reinforced with banana fibre and nano clay, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 2014, vol.33, no.18, pp. 1717-1732.
- Fabrication and characterization of bionanocomposites based on poly (lactic acid), banana fiber and nanoclay, International Journal of Plastic Engineering and Technology, 2014, DOI: 10.1007/s12588-014-9088-6.
- Moisture absorption behaviour of hybrid bionanocomposites of poly (lactic acid) and evaluation of physicochemical properties, Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials, 2015, Vol. 30, Issue 4, pp. 521–544.
- A study on Thermal Degradation Kinetics and Flammability Properties of Poly (lactic acid)/Banana Fiber/Nanoclay Hybrid Bionanocomposites, Polymer Composites, 2015, Vol. 38, Issue10, pp 2067-2079.
- Effect of Poly(lactic acid)-graft-Glycidyl Methacrylate as a compatibilizer on Properties of Poly(lactic acid)/Banana fiber Biocomposites, Polymers for Advanced Technologies, 2016, Vol. 27, Issue 4, pp 515-524.
- Influence of Nanoclay and Graft Copolymer on the Thermal and Flammability Properties of Poly(lactic acid)/Banana Fiber Biocomposites, Journal of Vinyl and Additives Technology, 2016, DOI: 10.1002/vnl.21556.
- Weathering and Biodegradation Study on Graft Copolymer Compatibilized Hybrid bionanocomposites of Poly (lactic acid), Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 2016, Vol.25, Issue 7, pp 2895–2906.
- Photocatalytic performance of chitosan tethered magnetic Fe2O3-like (3D/2D) hybrid for the dynamic removal of anionic dyes: Degradation and mechanistic pathways, S Vigneshwaran, P Sirajudheen, C P Nabeena, V P Sajna, S Meenakshi, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, Volume 183, 31 July 2021, Pages 2088-2099.
- Construction of ternary (1D/2D/3D) Fe2O3-supported micro pillared Cu-based MOF on chitosan with improved photocatalytic behavior on removal of paraquat,Sivakumar Vigneshwaran, Palliyalil Sirajudheen, Valiya Peedikakkal Sajna, Chang Min Park & Sankaran Meenakshi, Environmental Science and Pollution Research,January 2022, Pages 1-14
- Seminars/workshops /field-oriented programs organized:
Paper Presentation in Conferences
1. ‘’Influence of nanoclay and graft copolymer on thermo-mechanical performance of fibre-reinforced poly (lactic acid) biocomposites’’, National seminar on Medicinal Chemistry (NSMC-2017), 24-25 July 2017, Unity women’s College Manjeri, Kerala.
2. Effect of polylactide-g-glycidyl methacrylate on the hybrid bionanocomposite of polylactic acid:- synthesis and characterization, International Conference on Advancements in Polymeric Materials-2015, 20-22 Feb 2015, Bangalore, India.
3. Characterization of hybrid green nanocomposites of polylactic acid/banana fibre biocomposites reinforced with nanoclay, International Conference on Advancements in Polymeric Materials, 14-16 Feb 2014, Bhubaneswar, India.
4. Polylactic acid/Banana fiber/Nanoclay Bionanocomposites: Mechanical, Thermal and Morphological Characterization, Asian Workshop on Polymer Processing (AWPP), 8-11 Dec 2013, Goa, India.
5. Thermal and mechanical stability of bionanocomposites of polylactic acid: Correlation of activation energy with thermal degradation, International Conference on Advanced Polymeric Materials, (ICAPM), 11-13 Oct 2013, MG University, Kottayam, India.
6. Natural Fiber Based Green Composites : A Review, International Conference on Advancements in Polymeric Materials, 10-12 February 2012, CIPET, Ahmadabad, India.