Dr Shiji is a dedicated and passionate teacher. She has research experience in the field of Tissue Culture, Molecular Biology, Morphology, Biochemical studies, and Phytochemical quantifications by various techniques. Organized with research, presentations and published research findings through peer-reviewed International Journals and analyzed results tailoring to possible future applications.
Dr Shiji PC
- Awards/Recognitions: Won the best paper award in the theme Plant Biotechnology on the topic ‘Biomass accumulation and production of lawsone through multiple shoot culture of Lawsonia inermis L.”An International Seminar on advances and applications in Plant Science ’held on February 67th, 2019 organized by the Department of Botany, University of Kerala. Kariavattom Campus, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Professional memberships:
- Academic positions:
- Non-Academic positions:
- Date of Entry in Service: 25-11-2021
- Countries visited:
- Research (Area/Expertise, Research Projects, funding etc.): 1. Morphological Evaluation- Exploration Survey, Morphological analysis, Biochemical analysis, Genetical analysis.
2. Genetic analysis-Plant DNA isolation, quantification, purity analysis, PCR techniques, agarose gel electrophoresis, gel documentation and analysis.
3. Plant tissue culture-Preparation of media stocks, hormone stocks and media, sterilization techniques, inoculation and maintenance of cultures.
4. Metabolite Production and Quantification- Callus culture, suspension culture, and organ culture and HPTLC Analysis.
5. Knowledge of the operation of sophisticated instrumentations like a stereo microscope, fluorescent microscope, image analyzer, protein analyzer, phase contrast microscope, PCR, gel documentation systems.
6. Experimental design, Data analysis using SPSS, MVSP software, graphical presentation of data and making charts for illustrating in different reports.
- Publications(Journal, Proceedings, Books/Chapter in books, Articles, Any other): 1. Shiji PC, Siril EA, Evaluation of variability in Lawsonia inermis L. using morphological and biochemical markers. International Journal of Advanced Research (IJAR), (2017) ISSN No.2320-5407, 5(6): 2252-2265
2. Shiji PC, Siril EA, An improved micropropagation and ex vitro rooting of a commercially important crop Henna (Lawsonia inermis L.)Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants (PMBP), (2018), ISSN No.0971-5894,24(6): 1273–1284
3. Shiji PC, Siril EA, Collection and Evaluation of Henna (Lawsonia inermis L.) Germplasm from South India. Indian Journal of Plant Genetic Resources(IJPGR), (2020),ISSN No.0976-1926 33(1) : 94-97
4. ShijiPC and SirilEA, Morphological variability of Henna Lawsonia inermis L. collected from Kerala State, India during International Symposium and XXIIAnnual Conference of Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy on Innovative Prospects in Angiosperm Taxonomy(ISIPAT-2012)heldon28th-30thOctober,2012at SantGadge Baba Amravati University, Amaravati, Maharashtra.
5. ShijiPC, Siril EA. Germplasm exploration survey and elite selection in Lawsonia inermis L. during National seminar on National Seminar on New Horizons and Challenges in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics held on 9th and 10th October 2014 at the ICAR-Central Plantation Crops Research Institute, Kasargod.
6. ShijiPC, Siril EA. Preliminary studies on micropropagation of Lawsonia inermisL. During the National Symposium on Underutilized and wild edible plants of India ‘Future crops’ in December10-11,2014 at the Department of Botany, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
7. ShijiPC, Siril EA. Germplasm exploration survey and elite selection in Henna (Lawsonia inermisL.) during National seminar on ‘Management of Bioresources in the Western Ghats–A technological Approach held on 17thand18thSeptember,2015at SASSNDP Yogam College, Konni.
8. ShijiPC,Siril EA. An investigation on effect of auxin–cytokinin combination on micropropagation of Lawsonia inermisL. during National Multi-Disciplinary Annual Research Conference (MARC) held on 15th to 18th December 2015 at the Department of Botany, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
9. ShijiPC, Siril EA. An improved micropropagation and ex vitro rooting of Lawsonia inermis L.in International Seminar on New Frontiers in Cytogenetics, XIII Conference of the Society of Cytologists & Geneticists held in the Department of Botany, University of Kerala held during15-17December2016.
10. ShijiPC, Siril EA. Biomass accumulation and production of lawsone through multiple shoots culture of Lawsonia inermis L. During International seminar on ‘Advances and Applications in Plant Science held on 6th-8thFebruary,2019 at Department of Botany, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram
- Seminars/workshops /field oriented programs organized: