Mr Sameer Poongadan is a good Mathematician as well as a responsible teacher. He has started his career in 2009 as an ad-hoc faculty at LBS College of Engineering, Kasaragod. Then he served as an Assistant Professor at MES College of Engineering, Kuttippuram, Malappuram from 2010 to 2016. He is a part of the PSMO teaching faculty since 2018. He is currently pursuing his research part-time at the National Institute of Technology Calicut.
1. GATE in Mathematics
2. UGC-JRF in Mathematics
3. Certificate from KSHEC for the contributions of Online Study Materials.
- Area of interest in your discipline: Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Complex Analysis, Calculus, Time Series Forecasting, Engineering Mathematics
- Professional memberships:
- Academic positions: Academic Counsellor – IGNOU
Assistant Coordinator – IGNOU
- Non-Academic positions: Department Nodal Officer for admissions
College Discipline Committee member
- Date of Entry in Service: 17-09-2018
- Countries visited:
- Research (Area/Expertise, Research Projects, funding etc.): Time Series Forecasting
- Publications(Journal, Proceedings, Books/Chapter in books, Articles, Any other):
- Sameer Poongadan, M.C. Lineesh, A hybrid deep learning network for non-linear time series prediction, J. Math. Comput. Sci., 12 (2022), Article ID 158
- Poongadan Sameer, and M. C. Lineesh. “A hybrid deep learning network for atmospheric carbon monoxide prediction in the Indian region.” In AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 2336, no. 1, p. 020006. AIP Publishing LLC, 2021
- Presented a paper in 2-day National Seminar on “Mathematical Research in Education and Industries” at Sir Syed College, Taliparamba on 16, 17 January 2020 Title of the paper: Forecasting of Time Series using Ensemble Empirical Mode composition and Moving Average
- Participated and Presented a paper in “International Conference on Computational Sciences-Modelling, Computing and Soft Computing” held online from 10-09-2020 to 12-09-2020 organized by the Dept. of Mathematics of NIT Calicut. Title of the Paper: A Hybrid Deep Learning Network for Atmospheric Carbon Monoxide Prediction in the Indian Region.
- Seminars/workshops /field oriented programs organized:
- Organized an Orientation programme ” Higher Studies and Careers in Mathematics (HiSCaM) ” for UG students
- Assisted UG students for the institutes visit the National Institute of Technology Calicut, Calicut and Kerala School of Mathematics. Calicut on 21-10-2019.
- Organized an Orientation Programme on Competitive Exams for UG Mathematics Students on 12-01-2022